How to wash windows so that they don’t sweat
How to wash the windows, so as not to sweat? This is a fairly common question among housewives. With the advent of cold weather, the windows begin to “cry,” what should I do? How to get rid of condensation on the glass? What to do so that the windows do not sweat? Do you want a feeling of purity and light in your home? In this article, we will give you useful tips for window care and ways to eliminate unpleasant moments. Follow our tips and your windows will delight you with cleanliness and radiant brilliance.to contents ↑
Why are windows sweating?
There are several reasons why windows are sweating:
- A big difference in temperature on the street and in the house.
- Your apartment has poor ventilation.
- Poorly ventilated bathrooms.
- Leaking plumbing.
- Use of gas stoves for heating.
- Lack of cooker hoods.
- The window sill is too wide and the heat from the battery does not reach the glass - it cools quickly.
- A large number of indoor plants release moisture, which settles on the glass.
- Lack of thermal insulation of the ceiling or floor.
- You have wooden frames, but you did not care about prevention.
- You have installed plastic double-glazed windows and forget to open the window in winter mode for natural ventilation.
- You dry clothes in the apartment in inappropriate places.
- When installing a double-glazed window, builders badly closed the cracks, because cold air penetrates the glass.
- Incorrect installation of a plastic window.
- Double-glazed window manufacturing.
How to wash windows so that they do not sweat?
- water tank - basin, bucket;
- a soft cloth without lint;
- wool rag (grate glass);
- microfiber cloth;
- soap solution;
- alcohol (vodka);
- shaving foam;
- special means - anti-fogging;
- special scraper with rubberized nozzle to remove moisture.
How to wash the windows so that they do not sweat?
We bring to your attention some ways to eliminate the "crying" effect on glasses.
Most often, greasy glasses fog up and retain moisture. How to clean glass from condensate and prevent further misting? Follow this instruction:
- Wash the window with warm soapy water.
- Wipe clean with a damp, lint-free cloth.
- Dry the glass with a rubber scraper to remove moisture.
- Soak a sponge in alcohol (vodka).
- Put alcohol on the glass. Wipe carefully.
- Let it dry.
To avoid sweating the window, use saline. For this:
- Dissolve in 4 liters of water an incomplete tablespoon of salt.
- Wipe the glass with a solution.
Important! If a whitish veil appears on the glass, dilute the solution with water and repeat again. An additional advantage of this option is that the salt prevents icing on the glass.
Use a mixture of glycerol and alcohol in a ratio of 1:10. Alcohol erodes, and glycerin forms a film, thanks to which water does not settle on the glass. So:
- Wash the window with warm water initially.
- Wipe with a microfiber cloth.
- Swab the mixture on glass.
- Do not flush.
Important! This method prevents icing and fogging of the glass from the inside..
We offer an effective recipe for preventing the “crying” windows from appearing:
- Wash the window with a damp cloth.
- Mix 10 g of glycerin with 20 g of potassium oil and 2 g of pine turpentine.
- Apply a cotton swab to the glass.
- Take a woolen cloth and polish the glass.
A simple and effective way to prevent windows from sweating is to use crumpled newspapers as a glass cleaner. Printing ink has a water-repellent effect, as a result, the windows do not fog up for a long time.
If you do not like folk methods, then there are many chemicals to prevent fogging of glasses. These are special liquids, aerosols and wipes. They contain weak acids, surfactants. When applied, they create an invisible film on the glass, which repels water, ensures clean glass and good visibility.
Using them is easier than ever:
- Remove water deposits from the window with a damp cloth.
- Apply aerosol (liquid) to the glass.
- Leave for a while for exposure.
- Wipe dry.
To prevent the glass from fogging and freezing, use Li-Lo, a concentrated concentrated glass cleaner. It is sold in any hardware store. To process glass with them as follows:
- Soak a cotton swab in the concentrate.
- Apply a small amount to glass.
- Dilute the concentrate with water in a ratio of 1:10.
- Soak the swab in the solution and repeat the treatment.
- Do not rinse the solution.
What needs to be done so that windows with wooden frames are not sweating?
Before the onset of cold weather, take care of the prevention of wooden window frames:
- If there are gaps between the glass and the frame, go through them with sealants (silicone).
- Glue the window with special adhesive foam tape or special paper tape.
Useful Tipsto contents ↑
- To avoid damage to the skin of the hands with detergents or chemicals, wear protective gloves.
- Before work, cover the windowsill with a rag or protective film.
- Carefully read the instructions for the use of chemicals.
Follow our advice, and your windows will not “cry”, but will create comfort and coziness in the house. They can be used even in winter in the house and on the balcony.
- How to choose a vacuum cleaner taking into account the characteristics of the house and coatings?
- What to look for when choosing a water delivery
- How to quickly create comfort at home - tips for housewives
- How to choose the perfect TV - useful tips
- What to look for when choosing blinds
- What should be running shoes?
- What useful things can you buy in a hardware store
- Iphone 11 pro max review
- Than iPhone is better than Android smartphones