How to wash microfiber
Along with natural fabrics, artificial fabrics are widely used today for the production of various clothes and household items. One of the most popular is microfiber, therefore, every housewife must know how to wash microfiber. Why is this so important? Yes, everything is simple - with the right approach in the process of cleaning things and cleaning the house, you will be able to keep the attractiveness of clothes and items much longer, and you won’t have to think long about how to hide the spreading spots or go to the store to buy a new product.to contents ↑
What is microfiber?
Microfiber is a unique modern development of a synthetic material based on polyamide, polymers and polyester. As a result of production, the thinnest fiber is formed, which is then weaved into fabric.
Its properties simplify our daily chores so much that it is almost impossible to do without microfiber today. Such material is durable, does not roll, does not fade, practically does not fade and perfectly tolerates the chemical effect.
It is quite difficult to list all the things for the manufacture of which such a canvas is used - the assortment is very large. Most often you can meet:
- rags and napkins for cleaning the house;
- bedding and even underwear;
- mop heads;
- furniture, including for children;
- strollers and car seats.
to contents ↑
Important! Take into account the fact that if you take proper care of the thing, it will serve you well for at least 5 years and may well withstand even up to 500 washings. That is why it is important to clarify before using the subject how to properly wash microfiber. In this process, the most important thing is to maintain the softness of the canvas, its absorbent properties, texture and color. Only with this approach can you save on the acquisition of new things.
How to wash microfiber?
In principle, as already noted, microfiber perfectly retains its strength under chemical attack. Therefore, to wash it, they’ll suit you:
- universal washing powders;
- soap - children's and household;
- liquid soap and dishwashing detergent;
- stain removers.
Important! A few requirements that are best followed when choosing a cleaning product:
- alkaline level should not exceed 10.5 ph;
- chlorine is absent in bleaches;
- air conditioners are best avoided, as they can reduce the absorbency of microfiber.
To clean microfiber furniture, additionally prepare:
- soft brush;
- a vacuum cleaner;
- sponge - preferably unpainted, neutral in color;
- cotton towel.
When to wash microfiber?
Depending on what kind of things you are going to wash and how often you use them, select the appropriate washing schedule:
- for household rags and car cleaning, daily washing is required, especially if they are very dirty after use;
- for bedding and other things, it is enough 1 time in 1-2 weeks, although it is better to wash socks after each donning;
- furniture, strollers and car seats should be cleaned at least once every 3-6 months.
How to wash microfiber in a typewriter?
For washing such a fabric, both hand and machine wash are quite acceptable.If you do not like to mess with basins and always use the machine, follow these recommendations:
- Do not load the drum “to the eyeballs” - ideally, 80% percent.
- Choose the temperature mode depending on the purpose of washing:
- for ordinary - 40-60 degrees;
- for disinfection - temperatures up to 95C are allowed.
- Sort all things before the procedure - rags and microfiber cloths are washed separately from other things.
- Do not stack shedding fabrics with microfiber. This canvas does not fade, but may acquire a different shade from the shedding thing.
- Initially scroll clothes, bedding or microfiber cloths on prewash - in this case, the cleansing effect will be much better.
- Adhere to the dosage of the selected powder in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. A larger amount is allowed if the fabric is very dirty. To choose a reasonable amount, use our calculations in the article “How much powder should I pour into a washing machine?”.
How to wash microfiber manually?
It is quite simple to wash such a cloth with your hands, and even without heavy effort it is possible to remove even very dirty dirt without using a washing machine. Choose the method that suits you and follow the instructions.
- Moisten each rag.
- Make a paste of soda and water.
- Apply to each item.
- Leave for 1 hour.
- Pick up a basin or bowl of warm water.
- Dissolve a little liquid soap or powder.
- Put all the rags in the solution and rub a little.
- Rinse well under running warm or cold water when all the dirt has receded.
- Pour warm water into a bowl and dissolve a little citric acid or juice.
- Do the last rinse in this solution.
Important! If you are not striving to get a perfectly fresh smell of microfiber items, you can safely skip the last 2 points.
If things from synthetics are very dirty and you are wondering: how to properly clean microfiber to perfect cleanliness, proceed as follows:
- Prepare a soapy water solution in a bucket.
- Soak in it all rags, things or removable fabric parts from a car seat, stroller.
- Leave it overnight.
- Remove from solution in the morning and rinse well.
- If minor impurities remain, lather every item and rub.
- Rinse and hang to dry.
to contents ↑
Important! After soaking, you can use machine wash with a higher temperature. So you have to spend a little of your own strength.
How to dry microfiber?
Microfiber dries quickly enough even at normal room temperature. Therefore, just hang all things on a clothesline and leave for a couple of hours.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not try to speed up the drying process with a hairdryer, dryer in the washing machine or laying on radiators. Energy costs will not be justified, in addition, it can reduce the life of the fabric.
How to clean microfiber upholstered furniture?
Before cleaning your microfiber furniture yourself, do the following:
- Carefully read the manufacturer's recommendations on the label or in the passport to the item.
- If you are not sure about the choice of funds, call the company where you purchased the item and check with the consultant for all the information you are interested in.
- Before you begin large-scale actions, test the reaction of the fabric to the cleaning agent in an inconspicuous small area.
Once you have prepared all the necessary equipment and understood all the rules, proceed as follows:
- Remove all small debris and dust from the furniture surface with a soft brush vacuum cleaner.
- Prepare a not very concentrated soap solution with cold water - a liquid hand soap or dishwashing soap will do.
- Moisten a terry towel or sponge in the solution and squeeze it well so that excess moisture is not absorbed into the fabric on the furniture.
- Sequentially treat the surface in small areas with soft wiping movements.
- Brush the surface to restore the texture of the upholstery as soon as it dries.
to contents ↑
Important! Do not wet the upholstery so that chemicals and water do not penetrate deep inside - in this case, the furniture may begin to rot. For drying, the hairdryer can be used for a short time at the weakest mode with a low temperature, but it is still better to leave the upholstery to dry in natural conditions.
- Slight faded spots on the rags are quite appropriate - they do not affect the quality of further cleaning of various objects, this is not the dirt that will pass to another surface when touched. Therefore, the level of purity in this case is rather an aesthetic issue, and not a practical one.
- If you decide to use a dryer to speed up the drying of microfiber, do it separately from other things. Pile with them will settle on this synthetic fabric and the entire washing procedure will eventually go down the drain.
- When cleaning furniture, do not use very powerful vacuum cleaners or intensive modes - wrinkles may appear from them, which can no longer be smoothed out.
- To remove stains, do not use aggressive solvents and chlorine stain removers - they can not only change the shade, but also disrupt the structure of the canvas and, accordingly, reduce its strength. If you need to remove complex stains from coffee, juice or fat, use plain soda or salt.
We hope that now you have no questions left about how to wash microfiber, and your things will last you a long time, keeping the attractive appearance of your home!